Fortran 77 package ANRAY version 4.72
Prague, May 2012
- Ivan Psencik
- Institute of Geophysics, Acad. Sci. Czech Rep., Bocni II 1401, 141 31 Praha 4, Czech Republic
- Dirk Gajewski
- Institute of Geophysics, Bundesstr. 55, D - 20146 Hamburg, Germany
This software package is property of its authors,
is distributed in source form,
and may be used free of charge.
If any result obtained with help of any part of this package
is published, we appreciate citation
of all papers related to the used part of this package.
Refer to the references
related to this package.
Documentation of package ANRAY
- General documentation to package ANRAY
- Documentation to individual programs:
- Documentation to program ANRAY
- Documentation to program ANRAYPL
- Documentation to program WEAKAN
- Documentation to program FRESAN
- Documentation to program SYNFAN
- Documentation to program ANRAYGSE
- Documentation to program BPLOT
- Documentation to program SYNTAN
- Documentation to program SEISPLOT
- Documentation to program POLAR
- Documentation to program VELPLOT
New in version 4.72
Compiling and linking programs of package ANRAY
- Copy files error.for,
of package FORMS into your working directory.
Note that you may simply copy all files of package
FORMS into your working directory,
or extract them using
pkunzip forms.zip or
tar -xvf forms.tar
- Copy all files of subdirectory files
of package ANRAY into your working directory.
All the files may also be extracted using
pkunzip anrayfil.zip or
tar -xvf anrayfil.tar
- Now you may compile and link following programs of package ANRAY:
All necessary subroutine files and include files are included
by the Fortran 90 INCLUDE commands located
at the end of above listed files containing main programs.
You may perform the above task by editing Perl script
designed to compile and link a single file, and then running Perl script
fanray.pl by entering command
If you have no Perl interpreter, it should be available at
Running programs of package ANRAY
Table of data files:
Input data files LIN are unique to each program '*.for' and have
different names, defaulting to '*.dat'.
- Data from standard input *:
Main input data of each program are read from the standard input
(denoted by * in the table below),
and mostly consist of a single line containing filenames and
at most few numerical parameters:
Description of input data * for ANRAY
(ANisotropic RAY tracing).
Description of input data * for ANRAYPL
(Plotting ray diagrams, time-distance and amplitude-distance curves
computed by program ANRAY).
Description of input data * for WEAKAN
(Computation of quasi-isotropic approximation from the results
for isotropic background calculated in program ANRAY).
Description of input data * for FRESAN
(Computation of response functions
from the results of program ANRAY).
Description of input data * for SYNFAN
(Computation of synthetic seismograms from response functions).
Description of input data * for ANRAYGSE
(Conversion of synthetic seismograms to the GSE format.)
Description of input data * for BPLOT
(Plotting synthetic seismograms generated by the program SYNFAN)
Description of input data * for SYNTAN
(Computation of Gabor-wavelet synthetic seismograms in time domain,
from the results of program ANRAY).
Description of input data * for SEISPLOT
(Plotting synthetic seismograms generated by the program SYNTAN).
Description of input data * for POLAR
(Plotting particle motion diagrams by programs SYNTAN or SYNFAN)
Description of input data * for VELPLOT
(Plotting plane sections of slowness, phase velocity and group
velocity surfaces from the file generated by program ANRAY).
Output log files LOU are unique to each program '*.for' and the
default names are '*.out', where the program name stands for *.
Data files LU* have default names 'lu*.dat', except for 'lu4a.dat'
and 'lu4b.dat' used to distinguish two LU4 files in program POLAR.
If an output LU* file is not required, specify ' ' instead of 'lu*.dat'.
Symbol (in) indicates that in the quasi-isotropic mode, program FRESAN
requires, in addition to the file LU2 generated by program ANRAY, also
file LU6 generated by program WEAKAN. In standard mode file LU6 need
not be specified.
Symbol in+in indicates that two LU4 files containing data for two
components of the displacement must be used when running program
Demo data files are located in subdirectory data
of package ANRAY. You may wish to copy them into your working directory.
The data files may also be extracted using
pkunzip anraydat.zip or
tar -xvf anraydat.tar
Postscript files with graphical output of programs are located in
subdirectory ps of package ANRAY.
VRML files with graphical output of programs are located in
subdirectory vrml of package ANRAY.
File list of package ANRAY
(F) VRML files:
rfr.wrl (VRML file from anray)
- (A) Documentation:
- anray.htm (this file)
- readme.htm (general documentation to ANRAY)
- anrayprg.htm (documentation to anray.for)
- anraypl.htm (documentation to anraypl.for)
- weakan.htm (documentation to weakan.for)
- fresan.htm (documentation to fresan.for)
- synfan.htm (documentation to synfan.for)
- anraygse.htm (documentation to anraygse.for)
- bplot.htm (documentation to bplot.for)
- syntan.htm (documentation to syntan.for)
- seispl.htm (documentation to seispl.for)
- polar.htm (documentation to polar.for)
- velpl.htm (documentation to velpl.for)
- (B) Files containing main programs:
- anray.for (program ANRAY)
- anraypl.for (program ANRAYPL)
- weakan.for (program WEAKAN)
- fresan.for (program FRESAN)
- synfan.for (program SYNFAN)
- anraygse.for (program ANRAYGSE)
- bplot.for (program BPLOT)
- syntan.for (program SYNTAN)
- seispl.for (program SEISPLOT)
- polar.for (program POLAR)
- velpl.for (program VELPLOT)
- (C) Subroutine files:
- a2.for (for anray.for)
- a3.for (for anray.for)
- a4.for (for anray.for)
- a5.for (for anray.for)
- wk.for (for weakan.for)
- modbs.for (for anray.for,weakan.for)
- modis.for (for anray.for,weakan.for)
- source.for (for anraypl.for,
- border.for (for anraypl.for, fresan.for,
seispl.for, bplot.for, polar.for)
- (D) Demo files:
- fanray.pl (Perl script to compile
- an.h (history file for "an" data)
- anray.an (data for anray.for)
- anraypl.an (data for anraypl.for)
- fresan.ant (data for fresan.for)
- fresan.anv (data for fresan.for)
- synfan.an (data for synfan.for)
- bplot.ant (data for bplot.for)
- bplot.anv (data for bplot.for)
- polar.an (data for polar.for)
- qi.h (history file for "qi" data)
- anray.qi (data for anray.for)
- anraypl.qi (data for anraypl.for)
- weak.qi (data for weakan.for)
- fresan.qit (data for fresan.for)
- fresan.qiv (data for fresan.for)
- synfan.qi (data for synfan.for)
- bplot.qit (data for bplot.for)
- bplot.qiv (data for bplot.for)
- polar.qi (data for polar.for)
- chs.h (history file for "chs" data)
- anray.chs (data for anray.for)
- syntan.chs (data for syntan.for)
- seispl.chs (data for seispl.for)
- vel.h (history file for "vel" data)
- anray.vel (data for anray.for)
- velpl.vel (data for velpl.for)
- rfr.h (history file for "rfr" data)
- anray.rfr (data for anray.for)
- (E) Postscript files:
- anrpl1.ps (postscript file from anraypl)
- anrpl2.ps (postscript file from anraypl)
- seisanv.ps (postscript file from bplot)
- seisant.ps (postscript file from bplot)
- polatv.ps (postscript file from polar)
- anrplis.ps (postscript file from anraypl)
- seisqiv.ps (postscript file from bplot)
- seisqit.ps (postscript file from bplot)
- polqtv.ps (postscript file from polar)
- seischs.ps (postscript file from seispl)
- phvel.ps (postscript file from velpl)